Using breathing exercises, meditation, and conscious communication, you can improve employee health, and open the floor for important conversations about wellbeing.
Workplace wellbeing is becoming more important as the value of an individual’s health and wellbeing is taken seriously. Physical and mental health are both equally as important, but so is emotional wellbeing. Using breathwork, meditation, and open communication, we can start to remove the stigma associated with mental health issues while at the same time supporting employee wellness.
How Can You Help Build A Healthy Workplace?
As a business owner or an employee, it’s essential to be taking steps towards improved health and wellness of all team members. By hosting breathwork workshops in the workplace, you can take the necessary steps towards:
- Improving the health and wellbeing of your teams and organisation as a whole
- Combatting stress and work pressures in the corporate environment
- Creating a culture of support for each individual
- Opening space for discussions about physical, mental, and emotional health
- Strengthening your workforce by creating positive health habits that everyone can live by
- Building performance by building the resilience of each employee
Find out how you can support the mental wellbeing of your staff by hosting regular breathwork sessions (online or in person) or by implementing workplace wellbeing programmes.
Benefits Of Breathwork For Team Health And Wellbeing
There is something special about doing things as a team. It brings in a sense of community that not only builds camaraderie but also creates deeper bonds and strengthens friendships. We spend a lot of time in the workplace – however, that may look for us – so it’s important to ensure that it invites space for physical health and mental wellbeing for all employees.
Whether your employees are working from home or on-site, we can develop a breathwork programme that fits in with your way of doing things.
Some of the benefits that come hand in hand with breathwork include:
Improved Employee Engagement
This is a dual benefit because as much as the company will enjoy higher levels of employee engagement, so will each team member. With so many hours spent at work, we want to be engaged. We want to feel like what we do has meaning. We want to work in an environment that allows us to contribute positively to the world around us.
Research shows that employees who are burnt out are more 2.6 times more likely to seek alternative employment. This is according to research published by Gallup. Something as simple as creating wellbeing initiatives at work could help them find resources within themselves to better enjoy work and life, in general.
Improved Productivity Levels
Being productive at work gives us a sense of accomplishment. Wasting hours trying to fill the void so that we can get a paycheque is a soulless way of passing time. No one really wants to do that, but often employees can feel unfulfilled if they struggle to be productive.
Breathwork can help improve focus and clarity, which in turn supports performance. Simple breathing practices can help employees access their own internal resources in order to better show up for themselves in their own lives. This applies to personal and professional
Reduced Work Related Stress
According to Statista, “In 2021/22, the number of workers reporting work-related stress, depression or anxiety in Great Britain was approximately 914,000 compared with 823,000 in the previous year.” Simply being still and bringing conscious awareness to our breathing patterns can help reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
Get In Touch With Your Team
As employers, you can connect with your team in a way that conversation or working together can never achieve. By creating a breathwork programme that works for your organisation, you can create a powerful bond between employees, managers, and everyone in the office. Consider it to be team building on a whole new level.
Not only will you help create an environment that is open and transparent, but you will take strides towards reduced absenteeism, better corporate culture, and positive development for individuals and the organisation as a whole.
Nervous System Regulation
Breathwork can help regulate your nervous system. This again puts the power back in the hands of your employees, helping them build healthy relationships with themselves. The knock-on effects are vast, with a perceptible shift in wellness becoming prevalent almost immediately.
Attract And Retain Team Members Who Love What You Do
Employee wellbeing benefits are a major drawcard for potential candidates considering applying for a role within your business. Since Covid 19, an organisation’s focus on health and wellness has become an important consideration for the average employee.
With the impact of work related stress on mental health, businesses need to be more flexible in how they lead their teams. Implementing health and wellbeing techniques and holistic programmes that consider the whole employee, will likely create a body of contentment and calm across the workplace.
One of the richest benefits associated with setting a breath programme for your employees is their gratitude and appreciation. After just one session, you will notice a reduction in stress and overwhelm, and an upsurge in productivity, focus, and a positive mindset.
From an employee point of view, this is translated into a clear indication that you care about them, how they feel, and how they show up in the workplace. It is seen as support for their state of wellness, which is possibly not encountered as often as it should be.
What To Expect From Corporate Breathwork For Employee Wellbeing
- A safe space
- Insightful background into the science of breathwork and what changs occur in the body during the practice
- Understanding of the process, including the emotional, mental, physical, and even spiritual responses that may be experienced
- Demonstration of the different types of breathing
- Conscious connected breathwork session conducted to a curated playlist
- An open forum for sharing of experiences
- Advice for aftercare and integration
- Post-programme integration sessions and support – either private or as a group
You Choose Your Wellbeing Programme
I can develop a programme for you or for any group of employees within your business. You can break it down into groups of employees, or offer sessions for the business as a whole. Create a programme for managers to help them level up their confidence, or simply work towards establishing wellbeing practices for your employees to use at work or in their personal lives.
All employee wellbeing breathwork programmes are bespoke because we want to create something unique that will support your business. However, we can model it off the structure of a typical breathwork session that we know will make an impact.
Typical Breathwork Session Structure
- Sessions can be anything from 1 hour to 2 hours
- Introduction and settling into the space
- An explanation of the breathwork practice that we will be using for the employee wellbeing workshop (this can vary from one session to the next)
- A demonstration of the breathwork practice and different types of breathing
- Opening meditation and grounding to create a sense of calm before the breath practice
- Moving into the breathwork practice
- This can last anywhere from 30 minutes to about 45-50 minutes
- I recommend 30 minutes as a minimum and 45 minutes as a comfortable maximum
- Slow re-integration into the room afterwards
- An open forum for sharing of experiences or feelings, there is no obligation to share, but it can be very powerful to hear what others experience. It is also a very rich form of connecting with one another
- Tools and tips offered for aftercare and integration
- A few days later, an online integration session will be offered for those who have questions or who feel they might need additional support
- I am available within this timeframe too for any employees who need access to support
Getting Started With A Breathing Programme
Regardless of whether your teams work online or in person, we can create a breathwork employee wellbeing programme that works for them, as much as it does for you. If you are a remote team, then online sessions will make the most sense for you and they are completely doable.
You can incorporate all members of staff from your most senior personnel to your junior employees on one call. Or you can split out senior managers from the main body of employees for their own more focused session.
Choose from one of the following offerings:
Ad Hoc Breathwork Workshops
Online Or In Person
Once-off breathwork workshops or a succession of workshops can be arranged. Once-off sessions are powerful and can reduce stress and display a range of physical, emotional, and mental benefits that make a lasting impact. It is, however, advisable to attempt to commit to four to six sessions in succession (weekly, fortnightly, or even monthly) to truly move through the experiences that are uncovered.
Please note that I will travel for corporate breathwork sessions, but travel costs will need to be covered. If you’re in or around the Falmouth, Cornwall area, we can conduct the sessions in your workplace (space allowing) or I will arrange a venue appropriate for breathwork training. Alternatively, online sessions are advised for ease of access for everyone.
Ongoing Regular Breathwork Sessions
Online Or In Person
Setting up a regular breathwork wellness programme is a way to access the powerful benefits of this breathing modality on an ongoing basis. If you opt for online sessions, your entire team can benefit from the breathwork techniques while working from home or on a remote basis.
- We would set up between four to six breathwork sessions, a minimum of 1 hour long
- Each session would be followed by an integration session of 30 minutes
- Each session will be diarised and scheduled in advance
- Employees would be expected to commit to all sessions in order to experience the benefits
- Each session will be unique and have a specific focus point, these can be discussed and conceptualised in advance
Ongoing sessions enable adequate nervous system regulation, reduction in stress levels, regulation of blood pressure, better breathing habits, long term wellbeing, lasting feelings of calm, and a more focused and healthy approach to work. They are an opportunity to truly put these breathing techniques into practice so as feel how the body and breath are connected.
Book A Call To Discuss Your Employee Wellbeing Programme
You probably have loads of questions and I’d be more than happy to answer them all. Please pop your details into the contact form below with a brief idea of what it is you’re interested in. I look forward to helping you and your staff members learn the techniques of meditation and breathwork, and how they can improve work-life balance.
Let’s start with a discovery call to find out what your needs are as a business and how you can best support your employees on their wellness journeys.
Please fill in your details below or send me an email and I’ll get back to you.