Those of you who are active on my social media pages – Facebook and Instagram – will already know about the fitness challenges taking place. My sister-in-law got me involved in the #100SquatsADay challenge and it has evolved from there to the point where so many beautiful, strong and dynamic women are doing the same challenges with us. We started off doing 100 squats a day for 30 days. Those who couldn’t do 100 did whatever they could, even 50. The whole point was to start something and finish it and work it into part of a daily habit.
We are now into the 2nd set of 30 days and we’re planking daily too. So currently, we are doing:
- 100 squats a day (I am using 2 x 4kg weights to maximise on this)
- Daily planks (I am doing 3 x 45 second planks)
Want to join us? DO IT!
Start whenever you’re ready at whatever level you can. It’s all happening on my social media pages, either Facebook or Instagram.
Making Small Changes Into A Lasting Habit
There is a school of thought that says that a new habit is formed over 21 days. There has been some scientific research done to overturn that way of thinking, but the truth is that it does take a certain amount of time to form a new habit and 21 days is probably close to the minimum amount of time required. We are doing these daily challenges over the course of 30 days to form the habit and make it stick!
Not everyone manages to do it every single day, but that’s also okay. You do what you can in your personal capacity and when life intervenes, you don’t beat yourself up about skipping a day.
Fitting This Fitness Challenge To Your Personal Abilities
The best part about these fitness challenges is finding a solution that works for you. Our bodies and abilities are all so different that we need to turn inwards and listen to our bodies to find out what it is they need.
Your Body And Situation Is Unique
It’s easy to look at an Instagram fitness model and want to adopt her routine because you want to look like her. But sometimes other people’s training regimes are not sustainable for a number of reasons. Maybe you’re not at their level of fitness, you might be a totally different age group – and believe me, age makes a big difference! I know! It’s so much quicker and easier for a 30-year old to see results from a training regime than it is for a 40-year old. Maybe you simply don’t have as much time to devote to fitness or wellness?
Why I Think This Fitness Approach Works
- This is something you can retro-fit to YOU
- This will help you become in-tune with YOUR body
- You can start out with a certain amount of repetitions per day and see how your body responds and then change accordingly
- If you’re not coping, rather decrease than give up entirely
- You can start from scratch and build over time. Start smaller and then increase as you grow stronger
- You want to be challenging yourself so listen when your body says it’s strong enough to move it up a notch. That way you will see the best results
- You have ME to keep you motivated and I’m doing it with you everyday for the same reasons that you might be doing it
Building Up Our Fitness For SA Summer
Every 30 days we are adding a new element to these daily challenges so that by the time December 2018 comes around, we are all fit, healthy, toned and ready for action! We all want to be the best that we can be and this is such an easy way to turn daily habits into lifetime habits.
By the end of 2018, the full daily challenge will be a mini HIIT workout that covers all aspects of your fitness and all areas of your body. I am super excited to be venturing along this journey with you and will continue to do what I can to help you on your personal path to health, fitness and wellbeing.